Monday, January 13, 2014

My inspiration

My guiding light in this long walk with topical steroid withdrawal is my faith and Netflix.  I have been watching and re-watching many documentaries on eating Vegan, clean eating, organic farming, and juicing.  I am currently reading Crazy Sexy Diet by Kris Carr, I highly recommend it.  She is a women diagnosed with cancer told she had to have radiation to survive and walked toward a holistic way of living.  Her cancer is dormant, she lives an amazing life full of knowledge and real food.  She writes in a way that is easy to understand, and no fluff.

Over 6 months ago I started her book, and had watched these same documentaries saying "I should try that", and my effort ended there.  Now I have to do it.  I have to clean myself up.  I have not had red meat, or chicken for 2 weeks.  I have lost 8 pounds.  I hurt everyday, the itching and red skin on my arms, neck and face is now spreading to my stomach, and I cry every other day from fatigue and sadness.  But I can do it.  No one but me can beat this right now.  I will clean myself up and will never trust nor use something just because a doctor says to.  With prayer and my family I will defeat the most difficult thing I have ever faced in my life so far.

I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment