Friday, January 3, 2014

First post.

I have started this blog for me to chronicle my official all out war against my eczema.  I have had eczema all my life.  ALL my life!  That is pretty annoying.   

As a baby is was simple behind my knees , dry skin, minor irritation.  It was like that forever, just there.  I never thought anything of it.  But then puberty hit.  Like a truck it hit.  And with it went a lot of my self esteem.  A week before 8th grade graduation I got dry eczema spots all over my body and no one got to see my cute dress because I never took my gown off.  The marks on my face stayed, the 'harmless' steroids the doctor prescribed made me lose the pigment on my skin.  I tried to cover up my dry skin with lip balms full of petrolatum and lotions full of parabens.  I was laying the groundwork for what I am now trying defeat over 15 years later.

But then I started learning, I can attribute this introduction to God.  For it was more than seeing the right show, meeting the right person, or reading the right article.  It was far more.  I was embarking  slowly on an unknowing quest towards healing myself many tears later.  If you are like me you have cried over eczema hurting you and annoying you. 

I will give more into my back story on how having kids and turning 30 affected me and my eczema.  But for now in my first post I am ready and can do this.  Here I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment