Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Tired.

I had a pretty major anxiety attack today. It coincided with a major peel I had after my shower. I am tired. 

This post below Is from a woman who has healed from Tsw. This is how I feel all the time. 

It took me a long time to understand or use the word "sick" as applied to TSW.   It took a long time for me to understand I was "sick" and so it is not so surprising that some people never saw me as "sick."    Just really burned out looking maybe (joke).   
But if you had a friend or family member with the flu, you would not expect much of them, but with this illness, people don't get that.   Can you imagine how much easier this illness would be, if everyone around you just brought casseroles and told you to stay in bed while they did everything for you, with a smile on their faces.   And while I am dreaming, I mights as well add Doctors and nurses who immeadiately understood, and cared for you with attention and compassion.   
This illness is deceiving in many ways.   You say you are feeling better one day, and you will flare before you get home.   
It will deceive you into thinking that everything around you is making it worse and some days that everything you do could possible make it better.    
The worst part, is that you can deceive yourself into thinking that it will never get better, that your skin is ruined, and that your life will never get back to normal.  
The truth is you are sick.   You deserve compassion and help, and people around you should be understanding.  
The truth is that you will have good days and bad days.   And you should try and be as healthy as possible, but this is something that you have to wait out, outlast, and be patient.  
And the truth is that it is going to end, your skin will return to normal, and your life will resume as before.  
But one of the biggest truths, if you can face it, is that in the end you will know who your friends are, who it is in your life that believes you, and who supports you.   And I can't stress enough how important that information is.   We all need to make that information into a verb and use it like a compass.   Because life with supportive people around you is going to be sweet when you are healed.    Blessing to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment