Monday, August 15, 2016

New meds.

I started an immuno suppressant drug this last Friday. I am 33 months in and since the Fourth of July the red skin had spread and gotten so terrible. I would wake up with a crust of skin on my arms neck back and legs that moving took every ounce of me. I made the appointment with dr rapaport and so grateful I did.

Saturday was my sister in loves bridal shower and the dress I had made by my friend was made before the fourth flare. I was heartbroken and so scared to show my skin. But the meds took the edge off my heart and the daily pain that has become normal. I felt like a shell Thursday and Friday felt renewed. It was the first night I had a dream my skin was normal. 


You can't tell but I am head to ankle in what is crappy eczema skin. 


I have taken the meds for 3 full days and see relief. Immuno suppressants are scary and the reason I did not take them was because my husband saw them as a cop out. But I could not take the pain l, depression and all together lack of life anymore. Please pray for me. I need a fan enjoying this slow relief. I am hoping by my sisters wedding to have mostly clear skin. 

2 comments:

  1. How long will you have to be on those meds? I pray that they help you get to a full recovery and back to a full and joyful life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which immuno are you taking? Im in the same boat... nearly 32 months and have a derm appointment tomorrow to ask for cyclo. Just cant go on like this anymore.

    ReplyDelete